Corona virus Know How it Spreads?
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- Close, prolonged personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching something with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands .
How to protect yourself?
- Clean your hands often
- Reducing contact with others
- Self-isolating, and monitoring for symptoms (cough, fever or difficulty breathing) for 14 days
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Practicing social distancing and proper hygiene
>> Social Distancing :
- Avoiding crowded places and non-essential gatherings.
- Avoiding common greetings, such as handshakes.
- Limiting contact with people at higher risk like older adults and those in poor health.
- Keeping a distance of at least 2 arms-length (approximately 2 metres) from others.
>> Proper Hygiene:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available when coughing or sneezing.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand.
- Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined waste basket and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Wear a face-mask if you are sick